General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Effective Date: 25th May 2018
Electrical Discount UK provides services in Mainland UK (England, Wales and Scotland).
- The information we collect
- How we use your information
- How we share and disclose your information
- Retention of your information
- Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
- How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing
- Data subject rights and your choices
- Third party links and features
- How we protect your information
The information we collect
- Address including post code
- Phone numbers both land line and mobile
- Email addresses
- Date of birth
- Items sold including Manufacturer, model, serial number and date bought
How we use your information
- For delivery / collection of equipment
- Emailing of offers from us
- We offer extended warranties
- Third party warranty providers
- We provide your details to a manufacturer if an in-warranty repair is required
- If there is a manufacturer promotion we provide details to that manufacturer
- We may provide your details if a manufacturer requires this for a safety recall
- We provide your details to Trade Debt Recovery, if an item or items are not paid for, in order to recover the debt
- Notification to the Police in case of fraud
How we share and disclose your information
- Paperwork for delivery / collection one copy left with customer, one returned and kept for our records
- Phone / voice and / or electronically for repairs
- Emailing of details for extended warranties
- Manufacturer safety recall if requested, Email in spread sheet form
- Manufacturer promotions and / or warranty registration / repair this will be provided electronically
- Trade Debt Recovery for debt collection, details provided electronically
- Police in case of fraud electronically
Retention of your information
- The length of time we keep your information depends on the purposes for which it was collected and use it and / or as required to comply with applicable laws.
Right to stop or limit our processing of your data
You have the right to object to us processing your personal information if you do not think we are entitled to use it any more. You can also have your information deleted if we are keeping it too long or have its processing restricted in certain circumstances.
Where we rely on our legitimate interests, as set out under 'How we use your personal information', You may object to us using information for the purposes set out under 'How we use your information' section above. If we agree that your objection is justified in accordance with your rights under data protection laws, we’ll permanently stop using your data for those purposes. Otherwise we’ll provide you with our justification as to why we need to continue using your data.
You may also ask us to restrict the use of your personal information if:
- It is not accurate.
- It has been used unlawfully but you don't want us to delete it.
- It's not relevant any more, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims.
- You’ve already asked us to stop using your data but you’re waiting for us to tell you if we’re allowed to keep on using it.
Please note that we may be required by law to retain certain information. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you provide other details to help us respond to your request.
If you would like to exercise these rights, please contact us .
How can you stop the use of your personal data for direct marketing (Newsletters, Social Media Messages etc)
We will NOT send you Newsletters or any Social Media messages if you tell us not to.
- You can click the "unsubscribe" link in any NEWSLETTER that we send to you which will automatically unsubscribe you from that type of communication. Please note that you may continue to receive Service communications in relation to the product and services we have sold to you (i.e warranties etc)
- Alternatively, you can unsubscribe by submitting your request here .
Please note that it may take up to 28 days to process your request.
Data subject rights and your choices
You have certain rights with respect to your information as further described in this section.
- Your Legal Rights
If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide access to and / or a copy of information we hold about you.
- The right to be informed.
- The right of rectification if any details are incorrect.
- The right of erasure ie. Be forgotten and have your Name, address, email and date of birth removed.
- The right to restrict processing ie. We can hold your details but not use for marketing or warranties.
- The right to data portability, this only applies to personal data and would usually be provided in word or excel format.
- The right to object and the right not to be subject to automated decision making.
Third party links and features
We provide details to where applicable
- Domestic and General (extended warranty providers).
- Retra Care (extended warranty providers).
- Solocare (extended warranty providers).
- Furdeco (delivery service).
- Online Express (delivery service).
- Parcel Force (delivery service).
- 21 Digital (web site developers)
- Reference Point (secure EPOS retail computer system)
- Hitachi Finance (credit or buy now pay later)
- Secure Trading (to process payments)
- Trade Debt Recovery (for non payment of accounts)
We also, where appropriate, provide details to:
- A manufacturer for a safety recall or under warranty repair.
- Experian if we need to do a credit check.
How we protect your information
- All data is keep on a closed server at Reference Point which is closed to the world and only opened to specific IP addresses, all data is run over https, so it is encrypted.
- Reference Point continually monitor the system for data breaches and have a system in place to notify affected users.
Our data Protection Officer
- Calvin Casper
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us or write to:
Mr C Casper, Electrical Discount UK, 81 Northgate, BLACKBURN, Lancashire BB2 1AA